This work should all be in its own repository. Please create that now.
Controlled Assessment is carried out under fairly direct instructions from the Exam board. See the syllabus pages 21 - 31 for full details.
Before you start you should be aware of a few things. Firstly what does 'controlled' mean?
The aim of the 'controlled' in 'controlled assessment' is to establish that the work you produce and turn in is your own.
To that purpose - As your teacher I have certain guidelines that I must follow, see pages 22 - 23 of the syllabus. I am allowed to lay out the task for you, and give you fairly generic advice. I can offer approaches and places to look for research, but I cannot help you much. For the final part of the assignment - the writing up we will work in formal supervision. This will be the time we are working in silence with no communication. This will occur on Wednesday 25th June.
General advice:
Firstly remember the practice you have had, design the task first, write your test before your pseudo code, write the algorithm in pseudocode before you write your code, and keep your tests for each time you change the code. Build it one brick at a time.
Your last unit will inform you to what you need to include. In particular consider the testing tables, and discussion of variables that we used. You can refer to any previous work to help you with this.
Keep your work up to date, and push to Github regularly. You should push to github at least once per lesson, and once during each home learning session.
No comments:
Post a Comment